Thursday, February 19, 2009

Newbies and EBF

I got a rare opportunity to go pour beer for Stone Brewing this weekend at the Extreme Beer Fest in Boston, so I'm packing up my things and heading out tomorrow night after the Magic Hat tasting. It's going to be a beer-filled weekend for me! I hope to stop by Wine Gallery in Brookline on Sunday to round things out by using what's left of my money to buy lots of goodies to bring back up to Vermont! I can't wait. (I packed my Tylenol, ibuprofen and aspirin right next to my gallon jug of water.)

As for new beers at the Bevy already this week:
+ Pinkus Jubilate Dark Lager 500mL (Organic - Germany)
+ Westmalle Dubbel 750mL's (we've had the 11.2oz, but now we've got the 750's!)

On the subject of Westmalle and the trappists, I spoke with our Merchant du Vin rep (the people who import Westmalle and Rochefort) about getting more of the line up here in VT and she said they were one step ahead of me and were having a meeting with their distributor sometime this week. I really hope to see the triples start pouring into Vermont soon! I'll keep you posted.

I'm expecting some new beers tomorrow, but since I'm heading out right after work, you'll have to settle for my "anticipated" list instead of my "confirmed arrivals" list:
+ More Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 6 packs!
+ Samichlaus 11.2oz bottles!
+ Berkshire Brewing Raspberry Strong Ale 22oz
+ Rogue Kells Irish Lager 22oz
+ Floris 4 packs
+ Sam Adams Imperial Series 4 packs
And hopefully many more, but no one can be sure until we check in our deliveries tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers, and happy drinking this weekend. I'll see you on the other side!
Jeff

5 comments:

JohnCVermont said...

Props to my favorite Beverage Consultant!

I have been enjoying the Sam Adam's Imperial Beers. Very nice. The stout is good but I think if they brought down the alcohol to about 8% it would be a little smoother.

The Imperial White is quite excellent and handles the 10% ABV very well.

Anonymous said...

Excellent John! They actually had them at the Extreme Beer Fest last night in Boston, but I didn't get a chance to try them. They seemed well received, but I didn't hear much really in all the chatter. The guys and gals from Boston Beer Co, who makes Sam Adams, were tearing it up, tasting damn near everything! It was great! I'll post more later when I can think straight and get more water into me!
Cheers,
Jeff

alanmarcero said...

Any update on getting Westmalle Tripple in VT? I don't believe it's available anywhere in the state. Would love to see the Tripple and also a re-stock of the 750ml Dubbles. Westmalle makes my favorite of both!

Jeff said...

Alan,

The last time I ordered the 750's, they were out of stock with the importer. I'll try again this week.

As for the Triple, according to Merchant du Vin (the importer), there is some strange law in VT that would make the Triple considered liquor even though it's below 16% ABV. I've asked them to revisit the subject but have yet to hear anything back.

alanmarcero said...

Weird law... thanks for the update, though. Looking forward to a 750ml of Westmalle Dubbel, in the least!