Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm back!

Hey Gang,

I'm back from Beantown...considerably poorer! I spent LOTS of cash on delightful beers to bring home, much to my checkbook's dismay. Thus far I've only sampled a couple of my goodies, my favorite thus far being the BFM "Cuveé Alex le Rouge" (Switzerland). (Check out BeerAdvocate or RateBeer for my review, user name SFLpunk.)

The Extreme Beer Fest was EPIC! I had a fantastic time pouring for Stone, chatting it up with the locals and generally just BS-ing with the BA's. I sampled a lot of beer over the 10 hours I was there and here's a few things to keep an eye peeled for in your travels:
- Captain Lawrence "Rosse e Marorne" - an American red sour ale with red grapes added. Easily my favorite of the whole fest!
- Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout - Maple barrel-aged Chocolate Coffee Stout. A true breakfast beer if there ever was one!
- The Bruery "Saison Rue" - farmhouse ale with rye. Delightful!
- Three Floyd's "Dreadnaught" - Imperial IPA. Competing for my favorite Imp. IPA!
- I also sampled Bell's beers for the first time and thought they were outstanding.

It was exhausting, though...I got 5 hours of sleep, drove 4 hours, took the T for close to an hour, poured/drank high ABV beer for 10 hours, took the T home for almost an hour, drank half a beer and was asleep snoring on my friends' couch before midnight. LONG day! But someone has to do it, right?

Don't forget to join us this Friday for Free Pint Glass Friday with Brooklyn Brewing. Local 2 will be shipping Friday and you will be among the first Vermonters to taste and see the goodness of the brew! See you there!

Cheers,
Jeff

No comments: