Saturday, December 3, 2011

quick session

Hiya folks,

Having a little session with some of our choice regular options and thought I'd share...my thoughts.  (Allow myself to introduce...myself.)

Long Trail Triple Bag - not a brewery that has a huge impact in NYC so I've been diving into their offerings with gusto and Triple Bag is definitely one of my faves.  Big nose of caramel, toffee, sugar with an almost nutty-flavor, like Double Bag but...baggier...especially at a slightly deceiving 9.2% abv.

Victory Storm King - cracked open a bottle to prep myself for my near future taste of Dark Intrigue aka Storm King aged in bourbon barrels from Jim Beam and Heaven Hill Distilleries.  Memory serves me correctly.  This is a big stout, 9.1% abv, and full of roast and bitterness.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this year's Dark Intrigue turned out.  (FYI, this is the LAST year for Dark Intrigue so you better get 'em while you can!)

Alchemist Heady Topper - yeah, you probably don't need me to tell you this, but this beer is an amazing bomb of hoppy piney delicious flavor.  I had it with chili dogs.  Needless to say, I was a happy puppy.  ~8% abv.

And...the Belgian rock star...Trappist Rochefort 10, a monstrous wallop of rum-soaked raisin mixed with amazing bottle conditioned carbonation and an extremely smooth mouthfeel.  This is an adult beer.  And dangerous.  I'd have no problem knocking back four of these...until the next day...because this 11.3% of head-splitting abv.

All of these are regularly available at the Bevy along with many more.

Enjoy your weekend and drink good beer.

Slainte,
Evan G.

No comments: