Thursday, December 15, 2011

More. New. Beers. And...George and I Don't Agree, Vol. 2

Eyyyy folks,

I'm laying down a quick post before I head off to bed because tomorrow is going to be a craaaaazzy day.  We're getting in SO MUCH BEER.  Lots and lots of goodies, so...

1) as most of you know, Craft Beer Guild of VT made their first delivery this week.  We have

Green Flash - Hop Head Red IPA; West Coast IPA; Imperial IPA; and Le Freak.
Sixpoint - Sweet Action; Righteous Ale (formerly Righteous Rye); and Bengali Tiger
Butternuts - Moo Thunder; Pork Slap; Hefeweizen
Wachusett - more than I can remember.
BitBurger; Kostritzer; and more soon.

2) we got another big shipment of Hill Farmstead and Shelton Bros.  We have HF Anna, enough to hopefully carry through the holiday season!  And from Shelton, we have (abbreviated list):

Struise
Fantome
Mikkeller Hoppy Xmas, Nelson Sauvin Brut, and Jackie Brown
Cantillon (CALL TO RESERVE A BOTTLE ASAP.  MANY ARE ALREADY ALLOCATED.)
Nogne O
Jolly Pumpkin
Haandbryggereit
Anchorage
Drie (3) Fonteinen

Except for the surprise Mikkeller, it's all the same as what we got previously for the most part.

3) Brooklyn Black Ops coming soon.  Again, call and get on our reserve list.  We are not going to have much.

4) Dogfish Ta Henket coming soon..

5) Founders Double Trouble coming soon...

6) Stone/Alchemist "More Brown than Black" coming in January, hopefully.

OK, that's about all I've got in me right now.  I'm super pumped about all of our new beers and re-sampled all the Green Flash which is as delicious as I remember it being.

But lastly, George and I don't agree...well, he and I haven't really argued this, but I can tell already that we're not going to agree on our favorite Green Flash.  George, Imperial IPA - big, malty, aggressive hop bomb.  Me, Le Freak - gets all the best parts of the Imperial IPA, mellows out the malt and adds a complexity from the blend of the Tripel.

That's all she wrote.

See you soon!!!
Evan G.

No comments: