Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New and Updates

Hello all. One new brew for you:
+ Southern Tier Gemini 22oz: A blend of 50% Unfiltered Hoppe and 50% UnEarthly Imperial IPA. This blend is more "balanced" than either on their own. Hoppe is really light in the body and malt content while UnEarthly has a lot of sweetness underlying the 153 IBUs. Put 'em together, and it's a great blend.

I just got back from Boston yesterday and I'm exhausted! I went down to a tasting hosted by Tigris beverage, the MA brokers for B. United, Artisanal Imports, Left Hand, Otter Creek and VanBerg & Dewulf (Dupont). I tried a good 70% of the near hundred beers being poured and found lots and lots of goodies. Very excited about Meantime IPA (England), De Ducato Verdi Imperial Stout (Italy), Alvinne Melchior (mustard ale, Belgium) and DeGlazen Toren Jan de Lichte (imperial white, Belgium). Hopefully we'll see some of these and many more in the near future!

Afterward, we hit a few places to sample some local fare and more IPA's...well, the IPA thing was my mission anyway. We had a few pints and some delicious fried pickles at Roadhouse (Brookline, MA) which was started by the same guys as The Publick House a few doors down. I gotta say, it was my first experience with a fried pickle, but man, it's weird, but freakin' good! Had a wonderful pour of Weyerbacher Double Simcoe Imperial IPA and a Victory Hop Wallop IPA. We left there, grabbed a cab out to Allston, and sat down in the oddly small Deep Ellum beer bar. People at the bar were drinking Miller High Life, but I ordered an Anderson Valley 21st Anniv IPA and was quite content. I had a long train ride back to where I was staying and I'll tell you, 7am came way, WAY too early the next morning. I had to get up and get back to good ol' VT.

If you're headed down to Boston, let me know, and I'd be happy to suggest some killer beer places, both shops and bars.
Good to be back. Cheers,
Jeff

No comments: