Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lawson's Finest Special Release

Yup, it's exactly what it sounds like! We're getting a special shipment of Lawson's Finest Liquid's and will be releasing them at 1pm on Sunday afternoon as a conclusion to Brew Fest activities! This beer is extremely limited and will be in super-short supply. We'll be debuting a brand new beer that was brewed for the upcoming Belgium Comes to Cooperstown Festival and there might (will) be one of his famed IPA's too...

There will be a bottle limit and no reservations, sorry. You'll have to be at the store to purchase it. Just trying to make it fair, ya know?

Cheers,
Jeff

PS> Thanks Sean!

5 comments:

alanmarcero said...

I had the Maple on Brett at the fest... was quite awesome. Brett character was a bit subtle but I'm sure it added to the beers perfect level of dryness. The maple flavor was also absolutely perfect. Really nice. It was definitely a stand-out beer from the bunch I tried there...

Jeff said...

Yeh, Alan! I was lucky enough to try that too. I think if it had more time with the Brett it would be more funk-i-fied, but he turns beer so fast I imagine it's hard to time things right. It was a great beer. I'm working on my own bretted beer right now too - an imperial rye ipa with Hanssens yeast (collected from a bottle of Oude Gueuze, of course). Let you know how it does...

Sean said...

Glad you enjoyed it! This was an experimental version, with a primary ale fermentation, and brett in the secondary with add'l maple syrup. The sour was subtle...a good intro or crossover sour for people just trying them out. The 100% brettanomyces fermentation that I did last year was much funkier, with a prounouced barnyard character. I'll have that version over at Ommegang BCTC and SIPtemberfest on 9/25 at Mad River Glen. Cheers!

Jeff said...

OH man! Another reason for me to be sad that I can't (ever) get to BCTC!...

alanmarcero said...

Hi Sean. I was one of the first in line at the fest. It was quite obvious that you and Die Du Ciel were the most popular. Question about the maple syrup, how did you sanitize it? Was it right in the primary boil for the first addition? What about to the secondary? Maybe you didn't sanitize it at all? I've heard that boiling will remove that awesome maple flavor yours had. I could be wrong, though.