Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hop Rhizomes are in!

Hello all you Hop-Heads!

I was talking with Matt of Vermont Homebrew Supply earlier today and he showed me his huge bags of hop rhizomes! Rhizomes are essentially the root "buds" of the hop vine (Humulus lupulus) and are the way that you propagate hop plants. He's got about 10 different varieties and they're going out for sale tomorrow, he said, $5 each root. He told me not to wait too long, this is the time to start planning and planting!

So when you come into town tomorrow to grab your rhizomes from Matt and Anne, swing by and see what's new in the beer room. You'll need some brews to cool you off after all the gardening!

Also, I've got a killer new glassware cabinet and starting tomorrow it will be filled up with all sorts of specialty stems and chalices, goblets and snifters.

And lastly, NEW BEERS tomorrow! I'll post the list once I see what shows up.
Cheers,
Jeff

No comments: