Wednesday, February 13, 2013

featuring...

Hi folks!

It's been a little busy around the warehouse this week - what's new? - but I wanted to make sure and put down a solid blog post before the week gets away from me.

As most of you know, we got a pretty sick Shelton Brothers delivery last week.  Most notably, a bunch of great Mikkellers, Prairie Artisan Ales from OK, and a trickle of Fantome Saison.  A lot of other great beers came as well, so I wanted to feature one that might have gotten lost in the shuffle....

BEER HERE KAMA CITRA

hop enlightenment
Beer Here is a Danish contract brewery started a few years ago by Christian Skovdal Andersen, distributed via Shelton Brothers, and currently well represented on the shelves at the Beverage Warehouse. 

Kama Citra intrigued me for two reasons - 1) I love citra hops and 2) this seemed like a cool and unusual way to brew a beer with citra hops.  This is basically a nut brown with a load of citra hops.  My introduction to good beer was via English bitters and browns so a beer like this is always going to tickle my fancy.  It also reminded me of Stone's TBA collaboration, a Texas Brown Ale, hoppy and nutty, but sadly not one that flew off the shelves.  (Can't win 'em all.)  I was quite the fan of TBA and I've enjoyed everything we've had from Beer Here so I was looking forward to Kama Citra.

Did not disappoint!  As advertised, citrus-y, big punchy hop bitterness, and delicious almost creamy nutty malt but not too heavy in body.  I could easily drink this with a shepherd's pie or after some good skiing. 

So pick up a bottle of Beer Here's "Kama Citra" and don't forget to try "Lupulus" (chewy pale ale), "SOD" (rich Baltic porter), and "Dark Hops" (roasty black IPA).

Cheers!
e

No comments: