Friday, October 23, 2009

Bottled Brews from Around the Globe

Another tsunami of beer has flooded the shelves of the Beer Room! Some of these are among the most sought after, some the most expensive and some just down-right tasty! Lot's of limited items on this list:

Scotland:
+ BrewDog Atlantic IPA - 7 wooden barrels of Punk IPA were sent out into the Atlantic on a trawler, some strapped to the deck for the full "at sea" experience. The barrels were then blended and bottle conditioned . This is an experimental brew made to simulate the original English IPAs that traveled on the sea from England to India, aging and growing in character in those arduous and unusual conditions.
+ BrewDog/Mikkeller "Devine Rebel" - Barleywine ale, 1/4 of which is aged in Scotch barrels
+Inveralmond Lia Fail and BlackFriar

Belgium:
+ Scaldis Prestige de Nuits
+ Scaldis Noel
+ Cantillon Grand Cru, Organic Kriek and Classic Gueuze back in stock!

Norway:
+ Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Stout

Canada:
+ Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodite (a.k.a. Aphrodisiaque)

Australia:
+ Coopers Vintage Strong Ale 2009

USA:
+ Ommegang Adoration Ale 2009
+ Allagash Fluxus 2009 (brewed with sweet potatoes and black pepper)

And probably some I forgot!
Cheers,
Jeff

3 comments:

alanmarcero said...

Looking foward to some Cantillon when you can get it! :D

Jeff said...

You'll have to keep your ear to the ground (aka the blog). When we do get Cantillon, we rarely get more than 12 bottles.

On a side note, I had a 2007 Iris in Chicago last month and that was epic! My friend, who I went to visit, had never tried any sour beers, so I figured I should take him to the top straight away.

alanmarcero said...

That's why I love this blog. It's quite a trek for me (2 mile walk) but worth it if I know something I like is available.

You both definitely started at the top with a bottle of Iris. :D