Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh, really? New beers?

I had a great time today at the G-Housen (distributor) portfolio tasting! I went for the "Intro to Belgian Beers" seminar which was given by Scott Anderson (G-Housen's beer guru), Steven Villani of Global Beer Network and Bruce Wright of Wetten Imports, but ended up sampling some other really tasty brews that are destined for sale in VT. A few highlights from the goodies tasted: Stoudts Brewing of PA (planning to launch in VT in a "couple weeks"); Berkshire Brewing Company (MA) had a special release of their Imperial Stout aged in Jim Beam barrels; Michael Saklad of Stone Brewing Co. (CA) brought a glorious 3 liter swingtop of their 10th Anniversary Triple IPA!; also represented were Rogue, North Coast Brewing, Piraat, Bavik, Gulden Draak, Het Anker (Gouden Carolus), Kasteel, Troubadour. A great tasting, and I got to share notes with a lot of the reps. and made important connections that will hopefully pull more beer and glassware into the state.

As for the Warehouse, here's what's new so far this week:
+ Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout is back!
+ Anchor Christmas 2008 6 packs and magnums (1.5 L)
+ Unibroue Quatre-Centieme 750mL (super limited release!)
+ St. Louis Lambics: Framboise & Kriek 750 mL (made by Kasteel)

And more is to come in on Friday from North Coast and Moinette. I was told tonight that Sonte Double Bastard was on a different truck than the 12th Anniv, and should ship late next week to the store. We're taking "pre-order" wish lists for this one. Give us a call (802-655-2620). On the horizon: Gouden Carolus Triple, Kasteel Triple & Brun, Brigand (Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck), and more Belgian beer!

Oh man, I freakin' love this job!
Jeff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, what's up with the Toohey's? I've been in a couple of times but haven't found it.

I think I missed the Rogue Imperial Stout. Didn't see it with the other XS brews. I wish they'd stop shipping in ceramic, and bring the price down. My wife glares at me when I walk in with them. ;)

And, uh oh, I guess I need to call about that Double Bastard...

Jeff said...

Hey Jim, the Toohey's was a little challenge. We needed to find the pricing and no distributor stepped forward for a while and admitted to carrying it. So finally it's in our Import isle, down near the Fosters and Italian beers.

As for the Rogue XS Stout, we ran out briefly, but it should be back on the shelves now. If you ever want us to hold a bottle or two when we get shipments, just let me know.

Cheers!

Boonie said...

Sadly, I didn't manage to find the Quatre-Centimes tonight, though I did find plenty else. Did I just miss where it is on the shelves?

BTW, love the Duvel tulip. Keep the beers and glassware coming.

Jeff said...

booniebrew:
The Quatre-Centieme is located to the right of the Unibroue section and to the left of the Rogue section. I had to put it after the divider for space issues.

And as far as glassware goes, we're hoping to have more in the next couple weeks. Some cool stuff is coming into the state, and I'm working with distributors to get them all.